1. West Virginia health systems to cut ties over EHR vendor choice Full story
2. 7 healthcare takeaways from Senate Democrats' newly passed $739B landmark bill Full story
3. Oracle Cerner has 786 open jobs posted amid Oracle layoffs Full story
4. Surgery is still a gateway to long-term opioid use. Learn how a New York hospital protects patients with drug-free pain management during this virtual session.
5. Sutter Health workers say they are missing pay under new system Full story
6. Private equity firm combines 2 RCM companies Full story
7. Kaiser posts $1.3B loss in Q2 Full story
8. Self-pay accounts are time-consuming and expensive, but they're also on the rise. Watch now and learn how to protect your margins in unpredictable financial times.
9. 10 providers seeking RCM talent Full story
10. Big payers ranked by Q2 revenue Full story
11. Texas hospital district CEO steps down for medical reasons Full story
12. Hospitals are increasing revenue up to $500K per OR per year with AI-driven capacity management. Learn how to match supply and demand during "normal" and "crisis" times.
13. Medical billing outsourcing market projected to see massive growth Full story
14. 20 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 50% of hospitalizations occur within 7.5 days of an ED discharge. See how hospitals can close care gaps after an ED visit to improve outcomes and lower costs here.
2. Maternal mortality rates increased by over 3% in 2020. Learn how to lower that number with telehealth.
3. For years, the GI industry has been looking for ways to decrease infection during ERCP procedures. 53% of patients are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital when treated with this device.