1. New UnitedHealthcare policies change coverage for lab tests, specialty drugs. Hospitals want CMS to review them Full story
2. 9 hospitals laying off workers Full story
3. CEO gets 15 years in prison for $150M healthcare fraud Full story
4. It costs a minimum of $25 each time an outpatient claim needs to be resolved. Click here to learn how to improve your outpatient hospital claim strategy and drive more revenue.
5. Novant ends prompt pay discounts at North Carolina health system Full story
6. 33 healthcare companies on Fortune's 'most-admired' ranking Full story
7. Vermont ACO sued over payroll data Full story
8. Healthcare industry could save $16.3B by automating key administrative tasks Full story
9. Forget the crystal ball. Research suggests finance leaders can expect these 11 trends for healthcare in 2021.
10. Kaiser posts $6.4B net income in 2020 Full story
11. Hackers publish thousands of patient records from Florida, Texas hospitals online Full story
12. Mass General uses EHRs to create COVID-19 death risk prediction tool Full story
13. Cutting headcount alone won't transform costs. Read this e-book to learn what models are actually working for executives from 9 systems.
14. Connecticut hospitals get $40M boost from pandemic relief fund Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 46 percent of patients would prefer surgery performed in an ASC over a hospital. Click here to find out why.
2. Recent payer-provider collaboration signifies a paradigm shift in healthcare. Click here to learn why payers, providers and patients stand to benefit.
3. How are leading health systems keeping the ball rolling on telehealth expansion? For real-world insights from IU Health and Baystate Health, download this whitepaper.