1. Man allegedly assaults nurse with bodily fluids, then claims to be HIV positive Full story
2. Ex-Kansas hospital director claims she was fired after questioning birth unit safety
3. U of Pennsylvania offers med students course in empathy Full story
4. Does your organization use remote monitoring to further population health goals? Participate in in this brief survey to share your experience.
5. Join terrific industry keynotes Daniel J. Barchi, SVP, CIO, NewYork-Presbyterian; Edward Marx, CIO, Cleveland Clinic; Tamara StClaire, VP, Innovation, GuideWell; Andrew Rosenberg, MD, CIO, Michigan Medicine; Patrice Weiss, MD, EVP, CMO, Carilion Clinic; and Jonathan Manis, CIO, Sutter Health at Becker's 4th Annual Health IT + Revenue Cycle Conference, September 19-22 in Chicago. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Tenet to sell remaining 3 Chicago-area hospitals Full story
7. Reconsider shutdown of research website, AHA urges feds Full story
8. Eighth Annual Spok Survey Reveals a Changing Healthcare Landscape for Mobile Strategies Learn more
9. Urgent care centers may be overprescribing antibiotics Full story
10. California hospital considers scaling back services to reduce costs Full story
11. 100 million Americans have high blood pressure. Learn how to target hypertension with population health strategies during this upcoming webinar.
12. 5 reasons providers are likely to disagree with antimicrobial stewardship recommendations Full story
13. 10 most, least stressed cities in America Full story