1. Centene to pay Kansas $27.6M to settle drug overbilling allegations Full story
2. California hospital plans for 677 layoffs Full story
3. Humana Foundation names CEO Full story
4. 2021 Risk-Based Healthcare Market Trends. A HFMA/Guidehouse provider executive survey points to trends in risk-based payment models, payer/provider partnerships, and budget outlooks. Four key findings indicate the one-size fits all approach no longer works.
5. Trinity Health's operating income doubles Full story
6. Cigna in on $750M Bright Health Group investment; collaboration likely Full story
7. Payers fear over-the-counter test price gouging due to Biden COVID-19 plan Full story
8. South Carolina nurse charged with making fake vaccine cards Full story
9. Alignment Medicare Advantage plan first to cover Galleri multi-cancer screening test Full story
10. Healthcare organizations don't need to start from scratch to create a seamless digital experience. Click here to learn how to fast track the process.
11. Omicron may be less severe than delta, early reports suggest Full story
12. 5 states set COVID-19 records this week Full story
13. Critical access hospitals may need more than Medicaid expansion to improve finances, study finds Full story
14. 5 highest-paying physician specialties Full story
15. Nevada 1st state to issue insurance surcharge for unvaccinated public employees Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Identity management systems should check 12 boxes. Does yours? Find out here.
2. As tech's use in medicine grows, so does risk exposure. Click here for strategies to prevent malpractice and other risks.
3. Revolutionize sagittal alignments with personalized care — here's how.