1. US to spend $5B on 10M courses of Pfizer's COVID-19 pill Full story
2. 7 drugs cost US $1.6B more in 2020 without proof of new benefits Full story
3. COVID-19 vaccination rates up in 40 states, down in 10 Full story
4. A good IT infrastructure protects — a great one innovates. Here's how.
5. Implementing a vaccination mandate: A playbook from 8 hospitals, health systems Full story
6. Pfizer applies for emergency use authorization of its COVID-19 antiviral pill Full story
7. Entice new patients with your robotics program — see how Lehigh Valley Health Network and Vail Health Hospital did it here.
8. Antidepressants may lower COVID-19 death risk, study suggests Full story
9. Roche ends COVID-19 pill development with Atea Full story
10. More than 100,000 Americans died of overdoses in 1 year, federal data shows Full story
11. CMS move opens the door to high quality remote monitoring. Click here to learn what that means for providers.
12. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Your membership strategy needs an upgrade. Here's what providers and payers should know about changing consumer expectations.
2. Overworked call centers? Here's how Notable Health used AI to slash a health system's call volumes by 60%.
3. Improving patient discharge practices with traditional tools can only go so far. Here’s how AI automation can help.