1. 7 latest hospital, health system layoffs
2. Nonprofit hospitals begin to see financial improvement
3. Why is this medical school trying to lure English majors?
9. A look at one system's physician non-compete: 30-mile radius, $50k fine
10. Insurers gear up to challenge CMS' Medicaid managed care overhaul
11. See Vitaly Herasevich, MD, PhD, MSc, Associate Professor of Anesthesiology Medicine in the Department of Anesthesiology at Mayo Clinic, present on "Building Data Warehouse for Research, Reporting and Quality. 6 Years of ICU Datamart Experience" at Becker's CIO/HIT + Revenue Cycle Summit! More information here.
12. FBI investigates J&J and hysterectomy device found to spread cancer
13. UPMC, Highmark refuse to negotiate Medicare Advantage issue
14. AHA urges CMS not to finalize MU Stage 3 requirements yet
15. How are you staffing your hospital? Complete a 7-item survey for an upcoming E-book about hospital workforce management and staffing to compare your experience with those of other hospital and health system leaders.
16. Northwestern Memorial, KishHealth plan affiliation: 3 things to know
Becker's Hospital Review 4th Annual CEO + CFO/CIO Roundtables
Nov. 18-19, 2015 | Ritz-Carlton Chicago
Featuring 100 Hospital and Health System Executives Speaking