1. CMS adds 60+ services to Medicare's telehealth list in final rule: 7 details Full story
2. North Dakota data backlog prompts COVID Tracking Project to switch death reporting metrics Full story
3. Montefiore alerts patients of privacy breach linked to billing scam: 4 details Full story
4. Microsoft and Allscripts Extend their Strategic Partnership. Watch the video to learn more!
5. Duke University, Microsoft develop ventilator splitting tech for COVID-19 patients Full story
6. UPMC to sell pharmacy business for $400M Full story
7. Vaccinate healthcare workers first, CDC panel says; US hospitalizations near 100K — 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
8. 3 healthcare actions Biden plans to take in 1st 100 days Full story
9. 3 Must Reads
- Activate clinicians and cut preventable readmission by 18% with quicker communication. Click here to learn how.
- Do you really know what patients think about your services? Find out why feedback technology is lacking in healthcare and how to get the kind of responses that will lead to better outcomes.
- Continuous clinical surveillance may be the key to mitigating adverse events for good. Click here to lean more.
10. Beware of insider cyber threats, AMA warns hospitals Full story
11. From cold robot to lifeline: How perception of the virtual physician has shifted during the pandemic Full story
12. Carnegie Mellon adds de-identified claims data to COVID-19 forecasting tool Full story
13. Salesforce to buy Slack for $27.7B: 5 notes Full story
14. New biologic technology aids bone formation. Click here for details and data showing its effectiveness.
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What can the COVID-19 responses of 7 hospitals and health systems tell us about the future of healthcare? Click here to find out.
2. Don't risk putting off archiving legacy systems. Click here to learn how to do it quickly and securely using today’s Cloud technologies.
3. How well are you really communicating with patients today? Click here for 10 strategies to better reach patients and improve care.