1. Viewpoint: Why it's time to nix IT departments Full story
2. Former Northwell hospital employee charged with HIPAA violation for snooping 13,000 patient EHRs Full story
3. US tightens borders as omicron variant spreads — 10 things to know Full story
4. Hear a former FDA comissioner & leading health systems explain how AI is transforming healthcare. Click here to register for the event.
5. Epic in the headlines: 7 November updates Full story
6. Vaccination-related employee departures at 44 hospitals, health systems Full story
7. CMS move opens the door to high quality remote monitoring. Click here to learn what that means for providers.
8. Best Buy buys remote monitoring platform for $400M: 4 details on its healthcare plans Full story
9. Eskenazi Health patient seeks class-action status in suit over May ransomware attack Full story
10. CEO of Washington hospital resigns after 2 years Full story
11. Geisinger boosted patient payment collections by 80%. Here's how.
12. Former California hospital executives must face criminal charges, judge rules Full story
13. 5 hospitals, health systems piloting digital transformation programs Full story
14. Oscar Health, Emory Healthcare partner on health plan Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Variation in care is tied to increased costs + adverse events. Better clinical decision-making starts with these 4 steps.
2. Demand for heart care is rising as a cardiologist shortage looms. Here's how health systems are adapting to the specialty's top challenges.
3. 10 M&A best practices — Insights from Bon Secours Mercy Health and Summit Health.