1. Missouri hospital worker allegedly sexually assaulted patient after snooping her medical records Full story
2. The IT roles health systems added in 2020 and the focus for next year Full story
3. 20 states record COVID-19 highs; Redfield warns of emerging threat — 4 updates Full story
4. 41 million patient records were breached in 2019. It's not a matter of if but when you will get hit with a patient privacy breach. Download the Protenus Breach Barometer to learn more.
5. Ohio hospital reopens inpatient unit 3 weeks after cyberattack; system still not fully online Full story
6. Cerner unveils new tools for data interoperability, detection of SDOH needs: 5 details Full story
7. Health IT reimagined: Threats and opportunities from Yale, BJC HealthCare execs Full story
8. Florida lawmaker warns state's COVID-19 death rates are flawed Full story
9. Risk profiling and the COVID-19 patient backlog — hear from CMO Dr. Mohammed Saeed during this live virtual discussion.
10. Allscripts sells care coordination company CarePort Health for $1.35B: 4 notes Full story
11. Senator questions UHS on cyberattack Full story
12. IBM Watson rolls out blockchain-powered digital health pass Full story
13. Teladoc sues Amwell for alleged patent infringement: 5 details Full story
14. What does an organizational approach to physician burnout reduction look like? Click here to find out.
15. Intermountain Healthcare to cut 250 business positions Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What's missing from your C-suite? Odds are it's a Chief Outcomes Officer. Click here to learn how this emerging role can make outcomes-based healthcare a reality.
2. Crisis management, the cloud and the CIO — A technology-focused overview of healthcare's rapid response to COVID-19.
3. The solution to patient hesitancy: How remote intake can help increase volumes without crowding the waiting room. Click here to read more.