1. Texas hospital restores clinical systems 3 weeks after cyberattack Full story
2. 7 health system CIO exits from the past year Full story
3. Former Tenet executive joins Walmart Full story
4. What do half of the hospitals on U.S. News Honor Roll have in common? They're getting smart about data. Here's how.
5. Humana's 3rd-party vendor breach affects 22,767 patients Full story
6. Mass General Brigham, GV, General Catalyst part of $32M funding round for mental healthcare company focused on older adults Full story
7. Home healthcare company fires, reprimands employees for HIPAA violation Full story
8. The patient transfer processes of old undermine clinical outcomes. Discover how University of Maryland Medical System modernized its transfer process here.
9. Feds warn against Chinese-backed hackers targeting healthcare organizations Full story
10. Oracle to pay $23M to settle foreign bribery allegations Full story
11. Fitbit, Google launch new service to help hospitals gather data from wearables Full story
12. 35% of adults don't get enough sleep, which can cause poor outcomes and higher healthcare costs. See how health plans can tackle the issue with these simple strategies.
13. AI lung cancer diagnosis company raises $14M Full story
14. 10 healthcare organizations urge HHS to postpone data compliance rules Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's time for healthcare to work smarter, not harder. Learn how these 6 strategies can help decrease staff workload and improve surgeon satisfaction.
2. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
3. Incomplete data has left health systems overspending on supply chain. Here are expert tips for saving money and improving compliance.