1. Las Vegas health system says IT issue forced 6 hospitals offline: 5 details Full story
2. At nearly $7M, Premera Blue Cross agrees to pay 2nd largest HIPAA fine in OCR history Full story
3. 5 quotes from Cleveland Clinic's CIO on digital transformation strategies and advice for tech leaders Full story
4. Using telehealth to manage chronic diseases- COVID-19 provided a much-needed catalyst for widespread integration of telemedicine. Now it’s time to use it against our biggest long-term health challenges. Click here to read more.
5. Arkansas physician pleads guilty to obstructing telemedicine investigation: 4 details Full story
6. 'Bring skeptics into the room': Amazon Alexa exec's ideas for IT leadership, culture & women in tech Full story
7. Ohio hospital cancels procedures due to computer system disruption: 4 details Full story
8. Google Maps to show COVID-19 outbreaks Full story
9. Does your patient engagement strategy need strengthening? Click here to discuss your health system's challenges with industry experts.
10. Top 10 cities in the US adopting telemedicine Full story
11. 17 patient care organizations ink principles for telehealth regulations Full story
12. NYC Health + Hospitals launches telemedicine program for non-urgent services Full story
13. Texas reports issue with COVID-19 school data: 4 details Full story
14. What do UNC Health and Yale New Haven Health have in common? Click here to find out.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Practical innovation: 10 healthcare IT must-reads on optimizing operations and revenue in 2020 and beyond. Click here to read the e-book.
2. Has COVID-19 changed the way patients want health systems to communicate with them? Click here for survey results.
3. Do you have the right IT service and support technology in place? Click here to find out.