1. Tenet, Methodist Le Bonheur abandon $350M deal after FTC challenge Full story
2. What 14 hospital CFOs told Becker's in 2020 Full story
3. Inova plans $1B Alexandria medical campus Full story
4. What are the most important features of a hospital employee health plan? Click here to weigh in.
5. COVID-19 patient killed by hospital roommate in California, police say Full story
6. Hospital finances bleak as 2020 nears end Full story
7. Trump commutes 20-year sentence for Florida healthcare executive Full story
8. 21 hospital closures in 2020 Full story
9. 3 Must Reads:
- How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.
- What will be the pandemic's biggest effects in the years to come? Click here to learn what healthcare leaders think.
- Health system resilience: A tactical guide for building stronger organizations and reaching more patients. Click here to read more.
10. Cardiologist claims Colorado system fired her 1 day after she told CEO concerns of understaffing Full story
11. 10 cities with the most people in financial distress amid COVID-19 Full story
12. Chicago's Mercy Hospital remains committed to closure plan despite rejection by state board Full story
13. Hiring during a pandemic requires a new strategy. Click here to join the discussion about talent management strategies that will save money and improve staff quality.
14. Hospitals will have 3 more months to audit COVID-19 grants Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.
2. Does your organization have a digital, frictionless billing and payment system? Download this whitepaper to learn how to innovate the patient financial experience.
3. Download this whitepaper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS’ increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.