1. Florida physician pleads guilty to $29M fraud Full story
2. 15 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
3. South Carolina hospital CEO says Leapfrog is 'increasingly irrelevant,' disputes failing safety grade Full story
4. 70 percent of digital transformation initiatives do not reach their goals. Click here to learn how to make sure your initiatives are successful.
5. Kaiser to give 85,000 staff 'hero bonus' Full story
6. Hospitals grow tense over who gets vaccinated, how it's decided Full story
7. Christus Health offers $27M to buy out partner in joint venture Full story
8. Medical supply company files for bankruptcy, plans to close Full story
9. 3 Must Reads:
- The key to a more financially productive primary care practice is the membership-based model. Click here to learn how 1,100 successful practices have followed that path.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare organizations must learn to quickly pivot to the new normal and bolster their preparedness efforts for the future. Click here to learn more.
- What do Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and Hackensack University Medical Center have in common? A commitment to surgical excellence. Click here to read more.
10. 8 latest healthcare industry lawsuits Full story
11. California hospitals reach tentative agreement with RNs, avert strikes Full story
12. Congress agrees on $900B COVID-19 relief package, $1.4 trillion funding deal: 7 things to know Full story
13. Your input is needed! Becker's Healthcare is hosting a survey focused on Hospital Readiness in 2021. Click here to fill out the 5 minute survey to receive a complementary badge to a Becker's conference and an e-book of the findings.
14. 'Once again, we're not prepared': New York hospital nurses say lack of staff, resources maches spring surge Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Health system resilience: A tactical guide for building stronger organizations and reaching more patients. Click here to read more.
2. How well are you really communicating with patients today? Click here for 10 strategies to better reach patients and improve care.
3. What will be the pandemic's biggest effects in the years to come? Click here to learn what healthcare leaders think.