1. Sanford Health CEO: I've had COVID-19, won't wear a mask as 'symbolic gesture' Full story
2. Mayo Clinic's operating income falls 51% through Q3 Full story
3. 9 latest lawsuits involving hospitals Full story
4. Planning for 2021 looks like nothing we've seen before. Click here to join healthcare execs as they share their revenue cycle strategies for the new year.
5. 53 hospitals postponing elective procedures amid the COVID-19 resurgence Full story
6. Medicare overpaid Michigan hospital $550K, OIG says Full story
7. Banner Health's operating income up 32% Full story
8. Your input is needed! Becker's Healthcare is hosting a survey focused on healthcare priorities for 2021. Click here to fill out the 5 minute survey to receive a complementary badge to a Becker's conference and an e-book of the findings.
9. 19 provider groups urge Congress to lower Quality Payment Program requirements Full story
10. Houston physician sentenced to prison for $17M billing fraud Full story
11. Novant, UNC Health plan med school campus in Charlotte Full story
12. How to build a holistic revenue recovery strategy. Click here to download the step-by-step guide.
13. COVID-19 surge forces Indiana hospital to divert ambulances for 2nd time in 20 years Full story
14. 50 top cardiovascular hospitals for 2021, ranked by IBM Watson Health Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Crisis management, the cloud and the CIO — A technology-focused overview of healthcare's rapid response to COVID-19.
2. The solution to patient hesitancy: How remote intake can help increase volumes without crowding the waiting room. Click here to read more.
3. The pandemic has intensified the U.S. opioid crisis, but 8 organizations have seen success in their efforts to curb the opioid epidemic. Click here to learn more.