1. California hospital plans for 673 layoffs if sale falls through Full story
2. 13 hospitals cutting services Full story
3. How HCA, Tenet, CHS and UHS fared in Q2 Full story
4. Collecting patient payments is essential and often uncomfortable work. Learn how Piedmont Healthcare assembled a team to improve collections and the patient financial experience.
5. West Virginia health systems to cut ties over EHR vendor choice Full story
6. Why US may be in for a severe flu season Full story
7. Pennsylvania health system seeks to consolidate 2 hospitals Full story
8. St. Louis hospital could get $1B overhaul Full story
9. Where will you be Nov. 7-10? We know where former NBA player Shaquille "Shaq" O'Neal and former President George W. Bush will be — Join them at Becker's CEO + CFO Roundtable.
10. New York launches $1.3B healthcare worker bonus program Full story
11. Private equity firm acquires RCM company Aspirion Full story
12. US healthcare workforce: 30 stats, study findings for hospital leaders to know Full story
13. St. Joseph's Health is on a quest to "wow" urgent care patients. See how the system is using new tools — paired with a new urgent care center — to create a more streamlined healthcare experience.
14. 5 best, worst states for healthcare in 2022 Full story
15. Hospitals that see the most Black patients are paid less than other hospitals, report finds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A rise in ransomware is making it harder for healthcare organizations to secure cyber insurance. Get tips to secure affordable coverage here.
2. Healthcare organizations are wasting millions of dollars on workflow inefficiencies and data inaccuracies across provider networks. One powerful platform can help connect your payer ecosystem.
3. Don't let language barriers weaken your organization. Learn how preferred-language communication improves patient and provider experiences.