1. 20 most socially responsible hospitals: Lown Institute Full story
2. American Physician Partners to close Full story
3. Franciscan to outsource 61 jobs Full story
4. Emergency departments are at their limit. Interoperability and access to real-time are essential to help improve ED efficiency. Here's why.
5. What the top 1% earns in every state Full story
6. Allina to lay off fewer than 350 workers Full story
7. Exeter CEO steps down following incorporation into Beth Israel Lahey Full story
8. Health systems lose $3.1B a year to physical therapy leakage, report finds Full story
9. The many routes for applying AI can be paralyzing. These experts will steer you to ideal use cases for scale + responsible use in healthcare — join us live.
10. Hospitals want more time to review proposed premerger notification rule Full story
11. NYC Health + Hospitals spent $2B on temporary staff: Report Full story
12. MercyOne looks to replace hospital with $100M project Full story
13. CEO of Mississippi system slams governor for refusing to expand Medicaid Full story
14. OSHA to require certain employers to submit injury, illness data Full story
15. Patient volumes through 2033: Numbers and projections to know. Read via MyBHC, which you can join for free here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Payers that don't prioritize the member experience will fall behind. Execs from Highmark Health, McKinsey & more share strategies for boosting customer satisfaction — and revenue — in this free e-book.
2. 75% of supply chain leaders expect challenges to worsen or remain the same. Get the 2023 supply chain resiliency guide here.
3. Don't get lost in the maze of CMS measures. Learn how to demystify CMS Star Ratings, HRRP penalties and VBP payouts + improve performance here.