1. Nebraska hospital to close Full story
2. Texas physician gets 7 years in prison for fraud scheme Full story
3. COVID-19 vaccines + heart inflammation: A timeline of CDC updates Full story
4. High readmission rates put patients at risk and can wreck your reputation. See how one hospital saved theirs.
5. U of California strengthens oversight on affiliations with religious hospitals Full story
6. 'Leave to protect' policy helped Rhode Island hospital finance exec dodge 2 layoff attempts Full story
7. RCM transformation — Lessons learned from Baptist Health Care and Barnabas Health. Click here to attend the virtual session.
8. MUSC looks to buy 3 South Carolina hospitals Full story
9. Nursing strike ends, another begins involving Chicago healthcare workers Full story
10. Change is hard, especially in medicine. Learn how this AdventHealth hospital is managing practice changes in its ICU with a pharmacy-led initiative here.
11. Former Tennessee hospital employee accused of trying to steal more than $355K Full story
12. Struggling Texas hospital sold to new corporation Full story
13. Hospitals ask HHS for more time to spend COVID-19 aid Full story
14. Warren Buffett resigns as Gates Foundation trustee Full story
15. Vidant, ECU to create academic health system in North Carolina Full story
16. UPMC to settle lawsuit over pension error allegations Full story
17. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patients want to know the person behind the PPE. Learn the 5 core tenets of a strong patient experience and communication strategy here.
2. There's a critical link between the standardization and quality of hospital data. Learn how to standardize your data here.
3. After a year of crisis mode, what has the healthcare industry learned? Hospital executives share key strategies + trends that are here to stay post-COVID-19. Download the brief summary here.