1. 29 health systems ranked by operating margins Full story
2. As nonprofit hospitals' cash reserves grew, charity care spending fell Full story
3. Optum pitches $3.3B merger with home-health provider Amedisys Full story
4. It's been a tumultuous year for rankings. US News wants to stick with hospitals. Will hospitals stick with US News? Read more via MyBHC.
5. Mississippi hospital lays off 157, ends behavioral health services Full story
6. Mayo Clinic reveals more expansion details Full story
7. Wellstar CEO, CFO defend Atlanta hospital closures Full story
8. How 'financial rigor' prepared BayCare Health for robust performance: Q&A with CFO Janice Polo Full story
9. Most ASCs take a short-sighted approach to managing denials. Transform your strategy for good with these 4 key pillars for denial prevention.
10. Nationwide Children's names new CFO Full story
11. 15 payer CEO moves in the 1st half of 2023 Full story
12. Oklahoma hospital could reopen earlier than expected Full story
13. Providence rolls out virtual nursing to 8 hospitals Full story
14. Best, worst cities to start a career in 2023 Full story
15. Imaging volumes are soaring, and hospitals are struggling to keep up with the data. See how UW Health is using the cloud to simplify image management and improve outcomes here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Digital tools can all too easily overwhelm patients and go unused. Learn how to bridge the digital disconnect and overcome communication overload with proven data from 650+ organizations.
2. With the healthcare labor shortage expected to reach 3.2 million workers by 2026, boosting workforce efficiency needs to be a priority today. Watch now to hear three industry experts discuss how to optimize workflows, fight burnout and more.
3. A rise in self-pay patients doesn't have to be costly. Protect margins with these strategies.