1. LCMC sues FTC after it challenges acquisition of 3 HCA hospitals Full story
2. California hospital files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy Full story
3. The cost of nurse turnover in 24 numbers Full story
4. With razor-thin operating margins, healthcare providers can’t afford to lose precious revenue due to unfavorable contract terms, inadequate protections, or unknown contract loopholes. Equip your managed care department with these three tips for improving your next payor contract negotiation.
5. ProMedica to lay off 26 Full story
6. Trinity Health partners to eliminate medical debt for 22,300 patients Full story
7. Ascension Wisconsin urged to walk back labor, delivery cuts in Milwaukee Full story
8. Cedars-Sinai could collect $800M after $10.8B biotech deal closes Full story
9. This chronic condition costs the US healthcare system at least $50 billion annually. Learn what CommonSpirit, Geisinger & HCA Midwest are doing about it here.
10. CommonSpirit Health rolls out new virtual nursing technology Full story
11. Elevance posts $2B profit in Q1 Full story
12. 8 health systems outsourcing RCM functions Full story
13. Mark Cuban builds a pharmacy network Full story
14. Parkview Health reports reduced operating income of $61.2M, overall loss Full story
15. Chief wellness officers shouldn't be solely responsible for reducing burnout. See how Kaiser is engaging operational leaders to promote clinician well-being across its 10,000-physician medical group.
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Beyond self-service payment: Collect bills sooner + deliver a better financial experience with these 4 steps.
2. Bad RCM automation can do more harm than good. Learn what automation is right for your healthcare organization and more in this discussion.
3. A remote RCM team doesn't have to mean compromised productivity. 'Game-changing' tech is boosting Methodist Health System's collections team performance — read how.