1. 14 health systems with strong finances Full story
2. HHS sued by hospitals over 'delayed' Medicare DSH payments Full story
3. New York hospital to close in June Full story
4. If there's 1 thing RCM leaders are sure of, it's tech: 80% of leading health systems that invested in AI expect it to improve margins. These leaders will tell you why.
5. Providence suffers rating downgrade as operational challenges persist Full story
6. Jefferson budgets for $80M loss this year Full story
7. Chuck Lorre donates $30M to Cedars-Sinai to fund new school Full story
8. UMass Memorial spending up to $20M a month on contract labor, CFO says Full story
9. Many hospitals are digital, but not "smart." Uncover what's keeping hospitals from being truly "smart" during this discussion.
10. Montefiore Health reports $98.5M operating loss in 2022 Full story
11. Quest Diagnostics acquires Northern Light lab in Maine Full story
12. 15 best, worst states for physicians in 2023 Full story
13. Most health debt is owed to hospitals, and minorities and low-income people bear the brunt Full story
14. 10 recent hospital lawsuits, settlements Full story
15. Walking the digital transformation tightrope — 2 leaders share the secret to balancing innovation and scalability with EHR compliance and security here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Improve value-based care amid staffing shortages. Here's how 4 organizations got it done.
2. Claims payment processing has been painful, slow, paper-based and error-prone. Get this study of 126 health plans execs to see top opportunities for plans to streamline payment processing.
3. The next frontier for emergency medicine? Telehealth. Learn what's possible vs. what's practical here.