1. 8 health systems with strong finances Full story
2. Hospital expenses, state by state Full story
3. Private equity had 2nd-highest year for healthcare deal activity in 2022, report finds
4. Augmented intelligence is headed to the C-suite. See how executives are using it to focus decisions during this session.
5. CVS Health zeroing in on $10.5B deal for Oak Street Health Full story
6. 10 health systems and their debt levels
7. DOJ pulls 3 healthcare policy statements
8. Arizona border hospital struggling to stay afloat after spending $20M on uncompensated care in the last 6 months Full story
9. Documentation burden has your care team at wit's end. Learn how Houston Methodist is innovating — using AI to write patient summaries — to provide much-needed relief + satisfaction for staff.
10. Hospitals have an access to capital problem Full story
11. MultiCare plans to reopen closed services at recently acquired Washington hospital Full story
12. 32 hospitals looking for CFOs Full story
13. Viewpoint: Reducing healthcare costs in Indiana starts with this bill Full story
14. Denver Health sees $60M loss as contract labor dents performance Full story
15. Patient engagement — a mainstay of hospital & health system priority lists, yet most still grapple with low ratings. These execs will tell you why + share tangible tactics for improvement.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's time to retire the 100-year old TB skin test. See the option providers are using that delivers more precise results, lower costs.
2. The % of hospitals outsourcing help to process complex claims has doubled, and for good reason: more money (faster) + fewer headaches. Will you follow suit? Learn how this complex claim resolution program can put you ahead.
3. 5 top healthcare payment challenges for 2023 and how to get ahead of them — see the report here.