1. Growth of cross-market hospital systems could have anticompetitive effects, study finds Full story
2. FTC set to ramp up challenges to anticompetitive practices Full story
3. Ohio hospital closing earlier than planned due to patient safety concerns Full story
4. Change your compliance, accreditation and document management paradigm: go from reactive to proactive — Here's how.
5. Cleveland Clinic received threat against 2 hospitals Full story
6. Male leaders get more credit for curiosity than female colleagues, study finds Full story
7. 5 recent hospital, health system COO moves Full story
8. Kettering Health CFO named interim CEO Full story
9. Traditional approaches to hospital operations can't meet today's capacity management challenges. Here's what UCSD Moores Cancer Center did to cut no-show rates by 50%.
10. The best advice 3 COOs from top hospitals have received Full story
11. Top 25 health systems by their supply chain Full story
12. 78% of hospitals say their relationships with payers are getting worse Full story
13. CommonSpirit, Providence link up for workforce development Full story
14. Nurses provide care to dozens of patients daily — but who takes care of them? With 35% of RNs reporting burnout, it's time to rethink caregiver wellness.
15. Congressional committee calls for hospital price transparency compliance investigation Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. More than 40% of nurses say staff shortages are negatively influencing the patient experience at their hospital. Here's how your organization can protect the patient experience amid staffing strains.
2. Houston Methodist succeeds in Medicare Shared Savings through clear visibility into patients' post-acute care. Here's how they did it.
3. COVID forced hospitals to revisit the value of precision planning. Ensure a robust contingency plan for future challenges with lessons from this short report.