1. How Baylor St. Luke's converted an aging patient floor into a COVID-19 unit Full story
2. NIH study backs remdesivir's benefits; COVID-19 tests will be widely available for patients by June — 7 national updates Full story
3. Advocate Aurora offers bonuses to more than 60,000 workers Full story
4. 3 must reads:
- Healthcare accounts for 60% of all data breaches at an annual cost of about $1.2 billion. Click here to learn how to protect your hospital from both internal and external threats.
- How long does it take to get a psych consult in your ED? For one Alabama hospital, it took more than 24 hours. Now it takes less than 30 minutes. Click here to find out how.
- More satisfied patients = More patient payments. Click here for a 4-step plan to improve the patient financial experience co-developed by Ernst & Young.
5. St. Mary's Healthcare CEO to retire Full story
6. COVID-19 brings largest quarterly GDP drop since last recession Full story
7. Effective RCM during a crisis calls for new strategies. Click here to make sure you're on the right path.
8. People per hospital bed, by state Full story
9. 6 hospital deals called off or delayed Full story
10. The patient room's last dirty secret: A live discussion on HAI reduction led by Xavier University's director of clinical outcomes research.
11. Florida hospital CEO manages from 'arm's length' as cancer diagnosis leaves her immunocompromised Full story
12. 5 recent hospital, health system executive retirements Full story