1. 30 most admired healthcare companies Full story
2. Cleveland Clinic names CFO Full story
3. CommonSpirit buys stake in Arabian hospital group Full story
4. This cancer center grew patient volumes by 33% and expanded care hours 22% — all before even completing a major expansion project. See how they're maximizing capacity here.
5. 9 hospitals closing departments or ending services Full story
6. Tower Health to sell 17 urgent care centers Full story
7. 29 physician specialties ranked by 2022 burnout rates Full story
8. Trump vows to strip Medicare funding from hospitals that provide gender-affirming care to minors Full story
9. Dayton Children's fully embraced nurse feedback and is now Forbes' best employer in Ohio. See how the hospital boosted nurse engagement and satisfaction here.
10. States take action against nurses tied to degree scheme Full story
11. Texas hospitals face power outages amid ice storm Full story
12. UPMC, General Catalyst, Northwell: 16 digital health investments in January Full story
13. Heart disease deaths are rising as cardiologists see fewer patients. Close care gaps with lessons from 2 health systems here.
14. BJC HealthCare's approach to flexible scheduling for nurses Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.
2. Making sense of clinical data can be like drinking from a fire hose. Overcome these 6 obstacles to eliminate confusion and paint a more accurate picture of patients' health.
3. Still using the 100-year old TB skin test? Here's an upgrade that delivers more precise results and lowers costs.