OIG Probes 10 Universal Health Services Facilities
The centers in question include:
• Keys of Carolina in Charlotte, N.C. (Unrelated to the investigation, Keys of Carolina was closed and the property was sold in January 2013.)
• Old Vineyard Behavioral Health in Winston-Salem, N.C.
• The Meadows Psychiatric Center in Centre Hall, Pa.
• Streamwood (Ill.) Behavioral Health
• Hartgrove Hospital in Chicago
• Rock River Academy and Residential Treatment Center in Rockford, Ill.
• Roxbury Treatment Center in Southampton, Pa.
• Harbor Point Behavioral Health Center in Portsmouth, Pa.
• Wekiva Springs Center in Jacksonville, Fla.
• River Point Behavioral Health in Jacksonville, Fla.
"At present, we are uncertain as to the focus, scope or extent of the investigations, liability of the facilities and/or potential financial exposure, if any, in connection with these matters," UHS said in its filing.
UHS agreed to pay a $6.85 million settlement last year, resolving charges that it violated Medicaid requirements by providing substandard counseling and treatment to adolescent patients at its Marion (Va.) Youth Center.
More Articles on Hospitals and Investigations:How to Avoid a Regulatory Nightmare: Establishing an Effective Data and Records Management Program
HHS Reclaimed $7.90 for Every Anti-Fraud Dollar Spent
FTC Investigates Capella-Mercy Hospital Deal in Arkansas
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review