10 Things to Know About Maricopa Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Maricopa Medical Center.
1. Betsey Bayless serves as president and CEO of Maricopa Integrated Health System.
2. Dave Kempson serves as CIO.
3. Maricopa Medical Center has 449 patient beds.
4. The hospital has 3,411 employees.
5. Last year, Maricopa Medical Center recorded more than $1.9 billion in total revenue, according to the most recent data from the American Hospital Directory. Net income totaled $20 million for a 1.0 percent operating margin.
6. The hospital sees nearly 20,000 inpatient admissions every year, and about 50,000 patients receive urgent and emergency care in the hospital's trauma center and emergency center each year. In addition, approximately 5,000 babies are born at Maricopa Medical Center each year.
7. Maricopa Medical Center is one of the 50 largest public hospitals in America.
8. Maricopa Medical Center was established as the county hospital in 1883.
9. The hospital specializes in the emergency care of children and has a pediatric emergency department. It is open 24 hours a day and seven days a week with pediatric emergency physicians and pediatric emergency nurses dedicated only to children. The department cares for more than 20,000 children annually.
10. Maricopa Medical Center has one of only three neonatal intensive care units in the Phoenix area. The NICU provides highly specialized care for up to 40 critically ill and premature newborns each year.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Maine Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Cape Fear Valley Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Beebe Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.