10 Things to Know About Beebe Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Beebe Medical Center.
1. Jeff Fried is president and CEO of Beebe Medical Center. He has held those two roles since 1995.
2. Paul Pernice serves as vice president and CFO of Beebe Medical Center. He took over for James Bartle, who officially retired from his position this past July.
3. Beebe Medical Center has 195 licensed acute-care beds and several different facilities, including a freestanding surgery center and a cancer center.
4. The hospital employs more than 1,400 staff members and has more than 300 physicians on its medical staff, representing 45 specialties.
5. According to last year's financial data from the American Hospital Directory, Beebe Medical Center recorded roughly $551 million in total revenue and $1.66 million in net income for a 0.3 percent profit margin.
6. The hospital has more than 50,000 annual emergency room visits, and physicians perform roughly 11,700 inpatient and outpatient surgeries every year.
7. Beebe Medical Center has won 17 HealthGrades awards over the past several years. It received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for the past three years, and it also has won HealthGrades' excellence awards in orthopedic surgery, joint replacement and spine surgery for three straight years.
8. Beebe Medical Center was founded in 1916 by James Beebe, MD, and Richard Beebe, MD — brothers who wanted to bring modern medicine to a rural area. Originally named Beebe Hospital and having only three beds, it was the first private hospital in Delaware outside of Wilmington.
9. The Margaret H. School of Nursing at Beebe Medical Center is a diploma nursing program and was created in 1921. Recent renovations to the School of Nursing will be able to accommodate twice as many students.
10. Beebe Medical Center began its open-heart surgery program in 2007 through an affiliation partnership with Christiana Care Health System in Wilmington.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.