10 Things to Know About Cape Fear Valley Medical Center
Cape Fear Valley Medical Center in Fayetteville, N.C., is a part of Cape Fear Valley Health System, which is the ninth largest health system in the state.
Here are 10 things to know about Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
1. Michael Nagowski serves as CEO.
2. The hospital's CFO is Sandra Williams.
3. Cape Fear Valley Medical Center has 552 patient beds and includes a behavioral healthcare center and rehabilitation center.
4. In 2011, the hospital's total revenue was more than $1.7 billion. The hospital's net income was $26 million for a 1.5 percent profit margin.
5. Cape Fear Valley Medical Center has 4,045 employees.
6. The hospital conducted 9,000 inpatient and 6,800 outpatient surgeries in 2011. There were 4,100 births and 142,200 outpatient visits at Cape Fear Valley last year.
7. In 2012, the hospital received a Vascular Surgery Excellence Award from HealthGrades.
8. The cornerstone of Cape Fear Valley Hospital was laid in 1954 and the hospital opened in 1956 as a 200-bed county hospital.
9. The hospital specializes in heart care, cancer treatment and surgical services. It also has a full-service family birth center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
10. Cape Fear Valley Medical Center is one of the largest public hospitals in the United States.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Beebe Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Otto Kaiser Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About Ogallala Community Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.