10 Things to Know About Good Shepherd Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Good Shepherd Medical Center:
1. Ken Cunningham is the interim CEO of Good Shepherd Medical Center.
2. Pat Keel is the CFO of Good Shepherd Medical Center.
3. Good Shepherd Medical Center has 425 beds.
4. The hospital has around 1,500 employees.
5. For the cost report period ending September 2010, Good Shepherd Medical Center recorded $1.2 billion in gross charges and a net income of $7 million, according to American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital performed 5,600 inpatient surgeries, 10,800 outpatient surgeries, 2,100 births and 55,400 outpatient visits.
7. In 2012, Good Shepherd Medical Center achieved the Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
8. Good Shepherd Medical Center has its origins in Gregg Memorial Hospital, which was opened in 1935. It changed its name to Good Shepherd Medical Center in 1981.
9. In 2012, CareChex, a medical quality rating service of The Delta Group, listed Good Shepherd Medical Center as 3rd in the nation for medical excellence in gall bladder removal.
10. Good Shepherd Medical Center was named one of the 2012 100 Great Community Hospitals by Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Charles A. Dean Memorial Hospital & Nursing Home
10 Things to Know About Hackettstown Regional Medical Center
10 Things to Know About New River Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.