10 Things to Know About New River Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about New River Medical Center.
1. Marshall E. Smith serves as CEO.
2. Nancy Friesen serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 25 beds.
4. New River Medical Center employs nearly 600 staff members and has more than 150 medical staff members.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 200 inpatient surgeries and 500 births, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. New River Medical Center has been serving the healthcare needs of the community since the hospital opened in 1965. For the first 39 years of its history, New River Medical Center operated as Monticello-Big Lake Hospital.
7. In September, New River Medical Center was recognized by the Minnesota Department of Health for achieving high influenza vaccination rates among its employees during the 2011-2012 flu season.
8. In 2011, the hospital recorded approximately $99.7 million in gross charges and approximately $1.4 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. New River Medical Center recently selected CentraCare Health System in St. Cloud, Minn., as an affiliation partner.
10. Earlier this year, the hospital partnered with Clinic Sofia, a women's healthcare provider in Edina, Minn., to bring gynecological services and specialized care to its patients.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Saint Vincent Hospital
10 Things to Know About Illini Community Hospital
10 Things to Know About Sutter Davis Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.