10 Things to Know About Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center in Danville, Ky., is part of Ephraim McDowell Health.
Here are 10 things to know about Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center.
1. Vicki A. Darnell serves as president and CEO.
2. Bill Snapp serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 222 beds.
4. In 2010, EMRMC had 8,553 acute-care admissions, 91,364 outpatient visits, 28,696 emergency room visits and 684 births.
5. In 2010, the hospital had 914 full-time employees.
6. In 2011, EMRMC recorded $312.5 million in gross charges and $7.2 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. The hospital was established 120 years ago.
8. In 2008, EMRMC was recognized for its medication reconciliation report process. The award recognizes the hospital's electronic system for recording home medications and medications prescribed as part of a hospital stay.
9. In 2012, EMRMC was one of 51 hospitals with the lowest 30-day mortality rates from July 2008 through June 2011 for heart attack patients, according to data from CMS' Hospital Compare database.
10. At the annual Kentucky Society of Health System Pharmacists meeting in 2012, EMRMC's pharmacy was presented with the KSHP Institution of the Year Award, which acknowledges an institution that develops and implements state-of-the-art processes to improve patient care and contributes to the practice of pharmacy.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Maimonides Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
10 Things to Know About The Miriam Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.