10 Things to Know About Maimonides Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Maimonides Medical Center.
1. Pamela S. Brier serves as president and CEO.
2. Robert Naldi serves as executive vice president of finance and CFO.
3. The hospital has 711 beds.
4. The hospital has 5,556 full-time employees and 1,305 medical staff physicians.
5. In 2010, the hospital had 46,685 inpatient discharges, 210,582 clinic visits, 109,898 emergency room visits and 9,523 ambulatory surgery procedures.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded $2.47 billion in gross charges and $46.6 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. The hospital was founded as the New Utrecht Dispensary in 1911. The hospital was officially named Maimonides Medical Center in 1966.
8. From July 2008 through June 2011, Maimonides Medical Center was one of 51 hospitals with the lowest 30-day mortality rates for heart attack patients, according to data from CMS' Hospital Compare database.
9. In 2011, the hospital received a Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades.
10. According to CMS, the hospital has excellent outcomes in all three areas measured by the federal government: heart failure, heart attack and pneumonia
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
10 Things to Know About The Miriam Hospital
10 Things to Know About Baystate Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.