10 Things to Know About Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center.
1. Glenn A. Robinson, FACHE, has served as the CEO of Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center since 2007.
2. Richard Perkins serves as CFO of Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center.
3. The hospital has 310 total staffed beds on two campuses.
4. HBMC employs 1,850 people and has more than 400 physicians on staff.
5. Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center recorded $675.9 million in gross revenue and a net income of $6.6 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. In financial year 2011, the hospital admitted 14,289 patients and served 142,221 as outpatients. Approximately 53,000 patients were treated in HBMC's emergency department.
7. HBMC has received the American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement award.
8. The hospital opened in 1920 as Central Texas Baptist Sanitarium with capacity for 65 patients.
9. CMS awarded a 5-star rating to the HBMC Skilled Nursing Facility in the areas of overall quality, health inspection and staffing. This rating places Hillcrest in the top 10 percent of nursing care facilities in the United States.
10. HBMC is the official healthcare provider of Baylor University Athletics, a member of the Big 12 Conference and the largest Baptist University in the world.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Woodwinds Health Campus
10 Things to Know About Swedish Covenant Hospital
10 Things to Know About Saint Thomas Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.