10 Things to Know About Baystate Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Baystate Medical Center.
1. Mark Tolosky, JD, FACHE, serves as the CEO of Baystate Health and oversees Baystate Medical Center.
2. Dennis Chalke serves as the CFO of Baystate Health and is responsible for the financial oversight of the system's provider entities.
3. Baystate Medical Center has 659 beds.
4. The hospital has 5,389 employees.
5. Baystate Medical Center recorded $1.7 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $73.8 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Baystate Medical Center discharged a total of 33,533 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 12,900 inpatient and 13,900 outpatient surgeries as well as 3,900 births last year. Additionally, BMC had 226,200 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. In 2012, Baystate Medical Center received the Everest Award from Thomson Reuters, which is given to hospitals that achieved the highest current performance and fastest long-term improvement over five years.
8. Baystate Medical Center was formed in 1976 from a merger of Medical Center of Western Massachusetts and Wesson Memorial Hospital.
9. Baystate Medical Center is the only Level I trauma center in western Massachusetts.
10. Baystate Medical Center is designated as a Magnet hospital for excellence in nursing.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Munson Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Ocala Regional Medical Center
10 Things to Know About St. Joseph Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.