10 Things to Know about University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Here are 10 things to know about University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
1. The CEO is Kenneth Kates.
2. Kenneth Fisher serves as the CFO.
3. UI Hospitals and Clinics has 729 beds, including the 190-bed UI Children's Hospital.
4. The hospital had 1,432 employed physicians and 7,482 non-physician employees, including professional nurses, in FY 2011, according to the hospital.
5. The hospital recorded $2.2 billion in gross charges and a net income of $57.4 million in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. UI Hospitals and Clinics performed 12,700 inpatient surgeries and 77,100 outpatient surgeries in 2011. There were 1,300 births there last year, and 15,100 patients were admitted through the ER.
7. The hospital had 9 specialties ranked by the U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals" 2011 rankings, including two in the top 10: Ear, Nose and Throat was 5th and Ophthalmology was 6th in the nation.
8. Patient service at the University of Iowa began in 1873 when the medical department opened a hospital operated jointly with the Sisters of Mercy.
9. UI Hospitals and Clinics received the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center in 2009.
10. The hospital is a major transplant center and performed more than 515 organ and tissue transplants in FY2011.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.