10 Things to Know About Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas
Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas is the flagship hospital of Dallas-based Baylor Health Care System.
Here are 10 things to know about Baylor Dallas, according to its website.
1. John B. McWhorter, III, serves as president of Baylor Dallas as well as senior vice president of Baylor Health Care System.
2. Frederick Savelsbergh serves as CFO of the entire Baylor Health Care System.
3. The hospital has 1,065 licensed beds.
4. Baylor Dallas has 5,500 employees; 1,012 physicians; and 220 medical residents and fellows.
5. Last year, Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas recorded $2.29 billion in total gross patient revenue.
6. According to Baylor Dallas' most recent statistics, the hospital receives 38,951 admissions; 85,374 emergency room visits; 4,703 births; and 216,794 outpatient visits annually.
7. Baylor Dallas was named to Thomson Reuters' 100 Top Hospitals List in 2012.
8. The hospital was founded as Texas Baptist Memorial Sanitarium with 25 beds in 1903.
9. The hospital has been ranked on U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Hospitals List for 19 consecutive years.
10. More than 50 sets of hands are on display on the first floor of Baylor University Medical Center, all casted by Dr. Adrian Flatt, an orthopedist on staff at the hospital. The display includes the casted hands of the Mercury Seven astronauts, former U.S. presidents, Andre the Giant, Nolan Ryan, and other notables.
More Articles on Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas:Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas Opens $125M Cancer Hospital
Baylor Stands Behind Single-Group Anesthesia Contract
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.