10 Things to Know About Scripps Green Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Scripps Green Hospital. http://www.scripps.org/locations/hospitals__scripps-green-hospital
1. Robin Brown serves as chief executive and senior vice president of Scripps Green Hospital. He has more than 30 years of healthcare experience.
2. Richard Rothberger serves as corporate executive vice president and CFO of Scripps Health. He is responsible for the financial operations of all operating entities within Scripps Health.
3. Scripps Green Hospital has 173 beds.
4. The hospital has 1,263 employees and a close working relationship with physicians from Scripps Clinic Medical Group, which includes more than 2,600 affiliated physicians.
5. According to the most recent financials posted in the American Hospital Directory, Scripps Green Hospital recorded total revenue of more than $1.1 billion in 2011. Net income totaled more than $76 million for a 6.4 percent profit margin.
6. In 2011, the hospital had 10,900 inpatient surgeries; 6,200 outpatient surgeries; and 51,200 outpatient visits, according to the most recent data in the American Hospital Directory.
7. U.S. News & World Report's 2012-2013 Best Hospitals rankings listed 11 of the hospital's specialties among the best in the nation, including cancer; diabetes and endocrinology; ear, nose and throat; gastroenterology; geriatrics; gynecology; kidney disorders; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; pulmonology; and urology.
8. Scripps Green Hospital has served the La Jolla and San Diego communities since 1977.
9. The hospital has offered a variety of medical "firsts," including San Diego's first liver transplant and being one of the nation's first hospitals to provide stem cell transplants, according to the hospital's website.
10. In 2012, for the third consecutive year and fifth time overall, Thomson Reuters named Scripps Green Hospital as a top teaching hospital on its 100 Top Hospitals list.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Ochsner Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About Carle Foundation Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.