10 Things to Know About Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Tallahassee Memorial Hospital.
1. Mark O'Bryant is president and CEO of Tallahassee Memorial Hospital and its parent organization, Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare. Last year, he received the honor of "Executive of the Year" at the 9th Annual American Business Awards.
2. William Giudice serves as vice president and CFO of Tallahassee Memorial Hospital and Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare.
3. Tallahassee Memorial Hospital has 772 beds, making it one of the largest hospital providers within 16 counties in north Florida and south Georgia. TMH is the eighth-largest hospital in Florida.
4. The hospital's medical staff has more than 500 physicians across 50 different specialties
5. In 2011, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital posted a profit of $43.4 million on more than $1.4 billion of total revenue for a 3.1 percent operating margin, according to data at the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital performs roughly 19,000 surgical procedures per year, and the emergency room admits roughly 24,000 patients annually.
7. In 2006, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital received Thomson Reuters' "100 Top Hospitals Performance Improvement Leader Award" for making significant improvements across the hospital over a five-year span.
8. Five men and one woman officially founded Tallahassee Memorial Hospital in 1948 in a small room at a former Air Force base. The next year, the hospital opened its doors at a new facility that cost $1.5 million.
9. Tallahassee Memorial Hospital and 35 local physicians formed a joint venture last year to create the Red Hills Surgical Center. The 17,000-square-foot facility has five operating rooms and focuses on orthopedic surgery, general surgery, otolaryngology and obstetrics/gynecology.
10. This past May, Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare broke ground on a new 45,000-square-foot freestanding emergency center
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.