10 Things to Know About Medical City Hospital in Dallas
Here are 10 things to know about Medical City Hospital.
1. Erol Akdamar serves as the president and CEO.
2. The CFO of the hospital is Mark Atchley.
3. The hospital has 645 total beds.
4. Medical City Hospital employs 2,266 people, according to the American Hospital Directory.
5. Medical City Hospital recorded $2.4 billion in gross charges in 2011 and a net income of $177.6 million, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital performed 11,900 inpatient surgeries and 8,900 outpatient surgeries in 2011. There were 3,200 births last year and 49,000 outpatient visits. Approximately 22,300 patients were treated in the ER, and 19,300 were admitted to the hospital through the emergency room.
7. Medical City has earned the American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet designation. That distinction means the hospital has been recognized for quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
8. First opened in 1974 and named Medical City Dallas, the hospital was designed from a physician's point of view and strove to offer maximum medical practice efficiency.
9. Medical City Hospital was named the best company to work for in Texas by Texas Monthly in 2012. It was also honored as one of the best companies to work for in the state in 2011, 2009 and 2006.
10. The hospital is accredited as a primary stroke center by the Joint Commission. It is also accredited as a Chest Pain Center with PCI Designation by the Society for Chest Pain Centers.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas
10 Things to Know About Medical Center of Plano
10 Things to Know About High Point Regional Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.