10 Things to Know About High Point Regional Hospital
High Point (N.C.) Regional Hospital has a rich history and is considered to be one of the top healthcare providers in both the Greensboro area and across the state.
Here are 10 things to know about High Point Regional Hospital, according to its website.
1. Jeff Miller serves as president and CEO of High Point Regional Hospital and the entire High Point Regional Health System.
2. Kimberly Crews is High Point Regional's vice president and CFO.
3. High Point Regional Hospital is the flagship facility of High Point Regional Health System with 384 private beds. There are also six primary service areas in cardiovascular, cancer, neuroscience, women's health, emergency care and joint replacement.
4. More than 2,300 people work for High Point Regional Health System, and roughly 1,800 of those work at the hospital.
5. According to the most recent data on American Hospital Directory, High Point Regional Hospital recorded total revenue of $638.7 million last year. The hospital lost more than $4 million for an operating margin of negative 0.6 percent.
6. In 2010, its emergency department became a Level III Trauma Center, receiving more than 63,000 ED visits. More than 122,000 people also received treatment at the hospital in 2010.
7. High Point Regional Hospital is ranked 25th nationally in diabetes and endocrinology care, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2012-2013 rankings, and it is also ranked fourth in North Carolina for overall care.
8. High Point Regional Hospital officially opened in 1904 within a two-story frame house. Members of the Junior Order of United American Mechanics purchased and renovated the house, which initially had room for 12 patients and employed four nurses and a housekeeper.
9. High Point Regional Hospital formally changed its name to represent a "health system" in 1996.
10. High Point Regional Hospital was the first North Carolina hospital to have a mobile X-ray unit for the operating room in the early 1960s, and in 1966, it became the first hospital in the Carolinas to have neurosurgery air drills.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.