10 Things to Know About Martha Jefferson Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Martha Jefferson Hospital, according to its website.
1. James Haden serves as president and CEO of Martha Jefferson Hospital and has held that title since 1993.
2. Michael Burris, a certified public accountant, has been the CFO of Martha Jefferson Hospital since June 1986.
3. Martha Jefferson Hospital has 176 licensed beds. It moved into the new hospital last August, and the facility is LEED certified.
4. Martha Jefferson Hospital employs 1,600 staff members, and there are 470 physicians across more than 40 specialties.
5. Total revenue at Martha Jefferson Hospital reached $461.1 million last year, according to the American Hospital Directory. The hospital posted net income of $11.7 million for a 2.5 percent profit margin.
6. In fiscal year 2009, the hospital had more than 11,000 inpatient discharges and nearly 49,000 emergency department visits. It also performed more than 2,700 inpatient surgeries and almost 3,700 outpatient surgeries.
7. Martha Jefferson Hospital was the first independent community hospital in Virginia to achieve Magnet designation, and it is the only Magnet hospital in the Charlottesville area.
8. Seven physicians founded Martha Jefferson Hospital in 1903 as The Martha Jefferson Sanatorium Association Inc. They named the hospital after Thomas Jefferson's daughter, who also was the great-great-grandmother of William Randolph, MD, one of the founders. The 25-bed hospital actually opened its doors in July 1904.
9. Martha Jefferson Hospital officially merged with Charlottesville, Va.-based Sentara Healthcare in June 2011, which made it the 10th hospital in the non-profit health system.
10. Soliant Health recently named Martha Jefferson Hospital as the most beautiful hospital in the country. The new $275 million hospital sits near Virgnia's Pantops Mountain.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle