10 Things to Know About Jackson Memorial Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Jackson Memorial Hospital, according to its website.
1. Carlos Migoya serves as president and CEO.
2. Mark Knight serves as CFO.
3. With more than 1,550 beds, Jackson Memorial Hospital is a referral center, a magnet for medical research and home to Ryder Trauma center.
4. According to the American Hospital Directory, the hospital has 8,843 employees.
5. In Jackson Memorial Hospital's most recent fiscal year, total revenue equaled roughly $4.8 billion. Net income was reported at a loss of $34 million, resulting in a -0.7 percent profit margin.
6. According to AHD statistics, Jackson Memorial Hospital performed 21,600 inpatient surgeries and 12,900 outpatient surgeries in 2011. The hospital had 6,500 births and 308,500 outpatient visits.
7. U.S. News & World Report has ranked the hospital as the number one hospital in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale metropolitan area on its 2011-2012 Best Hospitals survey.
8. Jackson Memorial Hospital opened in 1918 as a 13-bed community hospital.
9. The hospital's Transplant Center is ranked among the 10th busiest in the nation and Jackson is the only Florida hospital to perform every kind of organ transplant, according to the hospital.
10. The hospital's Ryder Trauma Center is the only adult and pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center in Miami-Dade County. It is also one of the busiest trauma centers in the nation, according to the hospital.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Sarasota Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta
10 Things to Know About Munson Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.