10 Things to Know About Hennepin County Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Hennepin County Medical Center.
1. David Jones serves as the interim CEO. Arthur Gonzalez, the former CEO, resigned in July 2012.
2. The CFO is Larry Kryzaniak.
3. Hennepin County Medical Center has 462 beds.
4. HCMC has 3,595 employees, according to the American Hospital Directory.
5. HCMC recorded $1.1 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $67.9 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Hennepin County Medical Center discharged 21,315 patients in 2011, including adults and pediatrics. HCMC performed 15,298 surgeries and 2,291 births last year.
7. HCMC received the "Best Minnesota Hospital Workplace" award in 2012 from the Minnesota Hospital Association.
8. HCMC began in 1887 as City Hospital. In 1964, Hennepin County assumed ownership of the hospital.
9. HCMC is the third largest hospital in Minnesota based on operating revenue.
10. Thirty physicians from Hennepin County Medical Center, representing 18 specialties, were listed by their peers as "Top Doctors" in Mpls/St. Paul magazine in 2012.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Children's Medical Center of Dallas
10 Things to Know About Henry Ford Hospital
10 Things to Know About Bayfront Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.