10 Things to Know About Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit is the flagship hospital of Henry Ford Health System.
Here are 10 things to know about Henry Ford Hospital.
1. John Popovich, MD, serves as president and CEO of Henry Ford Hospital.
2. As CFO of Henry Ford Health System, James Connelly serves as CFO of Henry Ford Hospital.
3. Henry Ford Hospital is an 802-bed tertiary care hospital and education and research complex.
4. The hospital has 9,896 employees.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 16,300 inpatient surgeries; 22,600 outpatient surgeries; 1,200 births; 758,800 outpatient visits; and 39,258 discharges, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded more than $3.6 billion in gross charges and $36 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. Starting in 1909, Henry Ford led the initiative to build a hospital in Detroit. The Henry Ford Hospital officially opened in 1915.
8. In 2012, the hospital received a Prostatectomy Excellence Award, a Stroke Care Excellence Award and a Neuroscience Excellence Award from HealthGrades.
9. Henry Ford Hospital's parent organization, Henry Ford Health System, is a 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient.
10. Henry Ford Hospital was named one of the nation's top 100 hospitals for the treatment of stroke, according to a study released by HCIA-Sachs Institute. The ranking indicates more people treated at the hospital survive with fewer complications than at most hospitals in the country.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Eastern Maine Medical Center
10 Thing to Know About Mease Countryside Hospital
10 Things to Know About Mease Dunedin Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.