11 Hospitals Undergoing Construction or Expansion
1. St. Mary Medical Center of Hobart, Ind., is slated to begin constructing its Valparaiso Health Center this fall.
2. Shore Memorial Hospital in Somers Point, N.J., is completing its $125 million, 138,000-square-foot expansion, which includes new interventional suites, technology and 650-square-foot operating rooms.
3. OSU Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio, is constructing a new tower that will house the 276-bed James Cancer Hospital and critical care beds.
4. Capital Regional Medical Center in Tallahassee, Fla., will be adding an eighth floor to the facility, increasing the total number of private beds to 40.
5. Florence (Ariz.) Hospital, which will be operated by physician-founded Gilbert (Ariz.) Hospital, is on schedule to open by the end of this year.
6. Adventist Health officials have shared details regarding renovations at St. Helena (Calif.) Hospital's emergency department. The renovation plans include five new patient monitoring rooms, a private ambulance entrance, a new entrance and remodeled waiting area.
7. The new $210 million Porter Hospital in Indiana is on schedule to open next year. It will feature 430,000 square feet of space, which is nearly double the amount of space in the current facility in Valparaiso.
8. Silver Cross Hospital's $395 million, 289-bed replacement facility is on track to open in Feb. 2012.
9. Cancer Treatment Centers of America officially broke ground on a 212,000-square-foot, all-digital facility in Newnan, Ga.
10. Minidoka Memorial Hospital in Rupert, Idaho, is moving ahead with a $7 million remodeling plan, which includes a makeover of the hospital's emergency room and exits.
11. Phoebe Putney Health System, based in Albany Ga., has broken ground on its digestive disease center, which is expected to open to the public in fall 2012.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.