These tech jobs have the most year-over-year growth
There were 130,000 new jobs added to the technology sector during 2016, representing a 2.5 percent year-over-year growth rate, according to a CompTIA report.
The report, titled IT Industry Outlook 2017, provides an overview of IT industry and workforce trends.
Here are the top five technology occupation categories, ranked by their year-over-year change.
- Web developers (278,776 jobs in 2016): 4.5 percent
- Software developers for applications (850,246 jobs in 2016): 3.5 percent
- Computer systems analysts (666,901 jobs in 2016): 3.4 percent
- Computer and information systems managers (390,298 jobs in 2016): 3.1 percent
- Information security analysts (93,690 jobs in 2016): 3.1 percent
Click here to view more of the report's findings.
More articles on health IT:
'Dealing with the information overload': 3 questions with Dr. Anil Jain of IBM Watson Health
Tennesee's National HealthCare Corp. names CIO
Report: Federal IT spending to pivot downwards through 2018
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.