13 Statistics on Hospital Profit and Revenue in 2011
The hospital data, which come from the American Hospital Association's 2013 edition of AHA Hospital Statistics, also showed the continued rise of outpatient services. From 2010 to 2011, hospitals recorded a 9.2 percent increase in gross outpatient revenue, compared with only a 4.2 percent increase in gross inpatient revenue.
Here are 13 statistics on general hospital finance in 2011.
• Total net revenue: $755.28 billion
• Total expenses: $702.09 billion
• Cumulative profit: $53.2 billion
• Average revenue per hospital: $151.9 million
• Average profit per hospital: $10.7 million
• Average beds per hospital: 160
• Expense per capita: $2,253
• Total gross revenue: $2.24 trillion
• Total gross inpatient revenue: $1.28 trillion
• Total gross outpatient revenue: $968.9 billion
• Net patient revenue: $699.7 billion
• Increase in gross inpatient revenue (2010 to 2011): 4.2 percent
• Increase in gross outpatient revenue (2010 to 2011): 9.2 percent
More Articles on Hospital Finances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's Hospital CFO