1. Ballad Health sees Q2 operating loss of $49.1M, including EHR install costs Full story
2. Oncologists lose appeal over Medicare payment cuts Full story
3. Study: After grace period, Medicare COVID-19 patients will pay average of $1,000 out-of-pocket for hospitalization Full story
4. Digital transformation on the clinical side isn't enough — patients expect big advancements on the financial front too. Revamp your organization's digital framework with tips from industry experts during this virtual discussion.
5. CHS sheds 18 hospitals, swings to $511M profit Full story
6. Biden to nominate Chiquita Brooks-LaSure as CMS chief Full story
7. Cap on hospital rates carries bigger savings reward than price transparency, study finds Full story
8. How much Medicare claims dropped at start of pandemic Full story
9. You're deluged with data, but what's worth watching? Click here to learn which data-driven insights improve outcomes and drive down costs.
10. R1 RCM's annual revenue hits $1.3B Full story
11. UVA Health in talks to acquire full ownership of 3 hospitals Full story
12. Biden administration will spend $1.6B to expand COVID-19 testing, sequencing Full story
13. Without a standard way of managing remote access, your organization faces an increased risk of cyber threats. Click here to learn how that can be fixed.
14. 9 recent EHR contracts, go-lives Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How ready is your hospital to comply with CMS's new interoperability and patient access rule? Click here to learn how to efficiently implement the necessary changes.
2. Your health system can bridge the gap between behavioral and physical health. Click here to find out how technology plays a part.
3. How does your health system select its partners? Click here to learn how to pursue strategic partnerships that are built to last.