1. Adeptus Health declares bankruptcy Full story
2. Despite clemency, healthcare exec seeks dismissal of $43M in penalties Full story
3. Biden plans stimulus relief worth trillions: 5 things to know Full story
4. How Intermountain Health and Henry Ford Health System are making the patient financial experience frictionless. Click here to attend the live discussion.
5. CMS updates physician payment rates for 2021 Full story
6. AHA to feds: Give COVID-stressed hospitals a break on price transparency compliance Full story
7. Fewer than 40% of Americans could afford $1K unexpected medical bill Full story
8. Don't Miss Learning Opportunities:
- How the nation's largest outpatient provider transformed its supply chain amid the pandemic. Click here to attend the live virtual discussion.
- How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.
- What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
9. 20 things to know about Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, Meditech heading into 2021 Full story
10. UnitedHealth's Surgical Care Affiliates indicted on allegations of collusion Full story
11. OIG to start follow-up audit to determine if Medicare overpaid hospitals for outpatient services Full story
12. Was your hospital affected by mass cancelations of nonurgent procedures in 2020? Click here to learn how to better manage the surgery backlog in 2021.
13. CommonSpirit to sell 14 hospitals to Essentia Health Full story
14. Cerner strategic growth VP departs after losing congressional campaign Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The 5 phases of a third-party data breach + prevention strategies for hospitals. Click here to read more.
2. Download this whitepaper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS’ increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.
3. What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.