1. 115 hospitals sue HHS over Medicare payment calculation Full story
2. Northwell's 2,500 lawsuits against patients made headlines; hours later they were rescinded Full story
3. Renovations prompt Los Angeles hospital to suspend patient care services, lay off about 450 Full story
4. How Intermountain Health and Henry Ford Health System are making the patient financial experience frictionless. Click here to attend the live discussion.
5. Providers request more time to review prior authorization rule changes Full story
6. UnitedHealth's Optum to buy Change Healthcare in $13B deal: 5 details Full story
7. Surprise billing case study: Providers favored in arbitration decisions Full story
8. 3 Must Reads:
- 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
- A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
- Why risk fines and data breaches by delaying the archiving of your legacy system? Click here for the guide that outlines your options.
9. Aetna gets partial win in cancer coverage lawsuit Full story
10. 8 hospitals seeking RCM talent Full story
11. Adventist Health hospital gives 850 COVID-19 vaccines in 2.5 hours after refrigerator fails Full story
12. Reclaim market relevance in a shifting landscape — A guide for the healthcare C-suite. Click here to read more.
13. States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered Full story
14. Hospital M&A update: 21 recent deals Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Are your clinical assets generating the returns your health system needs? Download this white paper to learn how you can maximize your return on invested capital.
2. What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
3. Still calling your patients? Click here to find out why texting them will bring about better results for your practice.